Instagram Pinterest Email Twitter BlogLovin Twitter Home About Me Reading Math Social Studies Image Map

July 1, 2016

Currently: July 2016 Edition

Boy, I did a great job for awhile.
Then, I took a break.
Let's be honest.
I stopped.

There are lots of reasons I stopped, but that is a whole other blog post.
(Let's be honest - probably not.)
I have wanted to come back.
I have missed it.
I have missed learning from others.
I have missed the connections.
So, when I saw Big Time Literacy promoting her Big Time Blogging Challenge,
I knew I had to do this!

I hope this means I am back!!!!
So without further adieu..

Currently: July 2016

Listening: We are about to head out for a family get together in Middle Tennessee for the weekend.  I am listening to my son singing as he packs.  The daughter is watching Reba

Loving: I am loving my summer vacation.  I have exactly one month until our first day of school.  ONE. MONTH.

Thinking: "WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I GOING TO DO!!!????" I am moving to second grade this fall - in one month (have I mentioned that?), and I have no idea what I am going to do.  I have only taught third grade. I am moving rooms, moving teams, moving grades and my brain has been going 200 mph all summer long!!! I am sure many of my posts will be about this!

Wanting: I am wanting lots of things at the time.  I want a day where I don't think about school starting.  I want time to slow down just a little bit because my oldest starts high school in ONE. MONTH.  I want to savor and enjoy each moment that is left.

Needing: I am needing to get my shelf painted in my room.  Once that is done, my room will come along much faster!  I can't complain. We have NEVER been able to get in our room this early! We are usually the last school to be cleaned.  We are usually scrambling about 1-2 weeks before school starts because we were just able to get into the room.

Hoping: That second grade is a good move.  I am hoping I am what these kids need.  I am hoping I can make a difference. I am hoping I can enjoy every little moment.

So... that is what is CURRENTLY going on in my life.
  I am excited about this challenge and can't wait to see what this month holds!
Be sure to check out the other posts at Big Time Literacy each day!

6 comments:

  1. I am changing grades this year too. My first few years teaching I taught reading to both second and third graders. I think the biggest difference was that second graders are less independent and much more likely to tattle. I am sure you will give them exactly what they need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already had such a horrible dream about going back to work, and I feel like we just got off work - we still have till mid august. You're going back pretty early on August 1st, right?
    I was super close to you when we were in Nashville last weekend, too bad this hadn't already started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 month!?!? We just got out! I might be changing grades too- from K to 3rd. I'll be honest,I hope it does happen, I need the change.

    Have fun at your get together!

    Deirdre
    Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change is scary, but I bet it is just what you need! Sometimes we just need something different. I hope you enjoy the month you have left of break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I switched from kindergarten to 2nd grade 2 years ago and I love it! I hope you do too! Change can be hard, but it has always helped me grow as an educator. I can't believe you only have a month left... I feel like I just started my summer.

    Primary On The Prowl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I switched from kindergarten to 2nd grade 2 years ago and I love it! I hope you do too! Change can be hard, but it has always helped me grow as an educator. I can't believe you only have a month left... I feel like I just started my summer.

    Primary On The Prowl

    ReplyDelete