Instagram Pinterest Email Twitter BlogLovin Twitter Home About Me Reading Math Social Studies Image Map

June 15, 2015

TPT Seller Challenge Week: Makeover Madness/Monday Made It

What a day!  Both of my kiddos are at church camp this week.  LB went to church camp last week and, then, literally, went straight to Junior High basketball team camp for 2 days.  When she got home Saturday night - after I had been with C at his baseball tournament all day  - she decided she wanted to go back to camp this week.

Had we done any of her laundry? 
Only her uniform that she had needed for Saturday.

Had we any snacks for her to take?
Only what was left from the previous week, and my 13 year old girl can EAT!

Had we even registered her for camp?
Thankfully, we know the lady in charge of that!

I am glad she wound up going because she has an amazing cabin, and I have to be at Common Core training two days this week.  That meant I had today.

Today to sleep in at least until 8.
Today to clean the house.
Today to enjoy myself.
Today to do what I wanted to do.
(after I went and picked her up from camp, took her to soccer practice 
and then back out to camp)

So what did I do....

I was up at 6:00 am WIDE. AWAKE.
My body has NOT been told I am on summer vacation and have been for almost 3 weeks!!

I did my daily Bible reading that our church is all doing together.  I really have loved this program and, sad to say, I have read parts of the Bible I don't think I have ever read. SIGH!

Monday Made It #1

LB had requested me to make muffins to send to camp because apparently one of her friends wrote a silly song about muffins last week.  Said friend is at camp with her this week and she thought it would be hilarious for this friend to get a package full of muffins with a request for her to sing the muffin song in order to get it. (Camp tradition states you must perform some kind of silly song or something when a package arrives for you at camp.)  I bet LB was caught off guard when a package of muffins DID come, but ALL of the girls' names were on the package with the request that they ALL sing the silly muffin song! I am sure I will hear about it tomorrow!

What muffins did I make?  Only the East Chester Third Grade Team's most favorite muffins this year:

3 Ingredient Muffins

1 package of cake mix 
(Anything that says chocolate or triple fudge is really the best)
1 can of PURE pumpkin
1 cup ( or half the bag works well, too) of chocolate chips

Mix well.  Spoon into muffin liners in a muffin tin.  Cook at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.
Done.
You're welcome.

After making the muffins and running LB to and from camp and soccer practice, my mom texts me to see if I wanted to go to Aldi (35 minutes away).  SURE.  Why not?  A chance to grocery shop without children throwing things into the cart.  
So I went.  
I shopped.
I ate at Jason's Deli.
I came home exhausted.
I decided to do my TPT Seller Challenge for the week.

Monday Made It #2

Because of my new role at school, I knew I needed to get with the program and jump into the 21st century before it leaves us all.  When Third in Hollywood said she and some other marvelous ladies were doing a challenge, I knew I had to get in it.  This week's challenge was to makeover something in our TPT store.  I chose to makeover my biggest seller - The Preamble Unit.
I enjoyed going back and looking over what I had made almost 3 years ago, and realized it did need some updating!

And so here is the new look of my Preamble Unit.


I really am glad I did this and, hopefully, after training, I can do some more makeovers on old projects.  I am including this in my Monday Made It because I feel like I really did make a lot of it over again!  Click here to get it on sale until Thursday, June 18.

Thanks to 4th Grade Frolics for the Monday Made It! 
I think I am going to like this blogging stuff!
Have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. I didn't see the before, but it looks great!! The only thing I would suggest maybe is adding a border! :)

    ~Traci
    The Bender Bunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by! I will work on adding a border - that's an easy fix as well! My first one didn't even have a cover!! I was so new at everything! Come back again!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, those muffins sounds delish! I have copied down the pertinent info. and am headed to the grocery store. :)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Tonya
    Storybook Endings in Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by! I hope you enjoy the muffins! Another good cake mix to try with it is a spice cake! YUM!!! Come by again!

      Delete
  3. Wow Becky, this looks great! I am loving the makeover.

    I also reallyyyy want to try that cake recipe. If I put pumpkin into a cake that means I can eat double the usual amount! Well... maybe.

    Glitter in Third

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by! I am really trying to connect with a lot of third grade teachers! And YES!!! My third grade team FIRMLY believes you can eat more since you use pumpkin!!! Come back again!

      Delete
  4. Becky - your blog is so cute - I'm your newest follower! I think I need to try that recipe too.
    xo,
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming by and following me! I am so new at this, but am determined to be better! I hope you enjoy the recipe!!!

      Delete
  5. Love the clipart! You rocked that update girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I loved the clipart when I saw it!! Now I want to update more! Come back by again!

      Delete
  6. Clever and simple recipe--my favorite kind--with chocolate, no less. Looks like I'll be whipping these up sometime this week for the hubby and I...yum! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the muffins! We can't keep them around our place! Come back by anytime!

      Delete