Instagram Pinterest Email Twitter BlogLovin Twitter Home About Me Reading Math Social Studies Image Map

November 28, 2011

Veteran's Day Activities

Our principal is AWESOME to say the least.  She found this idea on Pinterest and all the classes participated after talking about Veteran's Day this year.  What a great way to honor the men and women who have served our country.


For our class activities, we watched the changing of the guards at Arlington Cemetery and President Obama leaving the wreath.  I had had the class bring in names and addresses of people in their family who had served our country.  In conjunction with letter writing that week, each child wrote at least one letter to a veteran thanking them for their service to our country.  We mailed the letters that next week.  I love teaching our children to love their country!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Thank you for sharing!

    I just found your blog and am your newest follower! I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance.

    I loved reading your profile!

    I share Col. 3:23 in my profile about using all of your heart as if you are working for the Lord.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete