Instagram Pinterest Email Twitter BlogLovin Twitter Home About Me Reading Math Social Studies Image Map

November 10, 2015

Book Challenge #7

Dear Students,

     This week I have read I Survived the Attacks of September 11, 2001.  Thanks to Dhanin for challenging me to read this book.  I will admit, while I love historical fiction, I was a little unsure about reading this book because I remember that day so well.  I remember teaching school that day to a class full of third graders who were trying to figure out what was going on in the world.  It was a very scary day.  You know I don't like scary, so that was another reason I was unsure of reading it.  However, I must say I enjoyed the book as much as you can enjoy a book like this.  I loved reading about Lucas and seeing his life as a child of a NYC firefighter.  I love how the author talked about how difficult a job firefighting can be because it is the truth.  I can't believe Lucas was actually there when it all happened.  I was so - wait, I don't want to ruin the ending for any of you who haven't read it!  I really couldn't believe the book was done! I wanted more! I would highly recommend this book to any of you who enjoy historical fiction or want to know more about that day in our country's history.  Be sure to read the notes and timeline after the story has finished.  You will learn a lot from that as well.

                         

Your teacher,
Mrs. Becky

1 comment:

  1. I want you to read I Survived the GattlingBurg war.
    ByDhanin

    ReplyDelete