Instagram Pinterest Email Twitter BlogLovin Twitter Home About Me Reading Math Social Studies Image Map

November 16, 2015

Book Challenge #8 & #9

Dear Students,

      I am so excited about what we are going to be doing after Thanksgiving in order to get ready for Christmas! To help me prepare, I read these two books this past week.  I know it was not a challenge any of you gave me, but I needed to read them.  The first one I read and LOVED it.  It does help that it is about one of my most favorite cities in the world - London, England.  It is a Magic Tree House Fact Tracker called Rags and Riches.  It is informational text all about life in Victorian England.  I loved reading about how children lived back in these days even though it is so sad how most children had to live.  I am not going to tell you a whole lot because I want it all to be new when we look at parts of this in a few weeks.  It really is a good read and, because your teacher is a nerd, I will probably be reading it again!


      The other book I finished is the companion to Rags and Riches.  It is called A Ghost Tale for Christmas Time.  Again, I don't want to tell you much about it because we may be using it for part of our Christmas study.  However, I will tell you that Jack and Annie go back to London, England, to help one of my favorite authors, Charles Dickens.   He is the man who wrote A Christmas Carol. Jack and Annie help Mr. Dickens and realize they also helped the world for years to come.  I can't wait for us to get into this book!
      I have told you I love Christmas! This is getting to Mrs. Becky's favorite part of the year and I am so excited these two books are going to be part of our celebration.

Your Christmas loving teacher,
Mrs. Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment