Instagram Pinterest Email Twitter BlogLovin Twitter Home About Me Reading Math Social Studies Image Map

July 31, 2015

Five for Friday: July 31

I have come to love different Linky parties this summer
because I have met so many great people this way!
I haven't done this one with Doodle Bugs Teaching.
I thought I would give it a try!
So....


I have ONE working day until my new kids come into my room for the 2015-2016 school year to start.  That means I have a lot to do today, and, in true teacher fashion, I will be up there this weekend working on things and making sure it is all perfect.  I have been in my room every day this week (except for yesterday which was our county wide meeting day at the high school), and have had a lot of help getting everything ready.  I am super excited about sharing with everyone soon!  Monday will be here soon with 18 new kiddos!


My two kiddos have been a church camp this week.  Yes, I am that mother who sends her kids off to camp the week before school starts so I can get things done.  I have actually missed them for multiple reasons.  They are fantastic sports and always help me (the girl more than the boy) get my room ready.  The hubs will go pick them up from camp this morning and then my parents will keep them the rest of the day while they sleep (and I continue to work in my room).


Last night was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do as a teacher.  One of my sweet girls from last year lost her three year old brother this week due to a swimming accident.  Last night was the visitation, and I went to spend some time with this sweet girl.  She showed me all the flowers, sprays and toys that had been sent.  She showed me what she had helped to choose for the coffin spray and explained what special things would happen today at the funeral.  I plan on going with some of her other teachers tomorrow right before the funeral to love on her some more.


I love my teaching team in third grade! I know I put these on here when I talked about our PD days this summer in this post.  We really do have fun together.  Four of us have been together for five years now.  Three years ago we added another one and this year we have added the sixth. These women are amazing and I am just thrilled that I get to go to work with them each day!



This is my partner teacher, Kim, and myself!  This is our third year teaching together.


This summer has been full of a lot of first for me in the social network world.
I became a regular blogger.  I added my class to the Instagram, Twitter, Periscope, and Facebook world.  I have met some fantastic people from all over the world.  It has made me stretch as a teacher and I have LOVED it!

As I have done this 5 for Friday, I have thought of how next week I will have had a full week with my new students. I think it would be neat to have them do my Five for Fridays!  We will have to see about that!  Just something to mull over....

Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Your team is too cute! I'm excited to have one of my best friends of 15 years be my teammate this year!

    Attending the visitation must have been heartbreaking. I'm sure it meant the world to your student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 18 little ones in my class too. It's a great number. Not too big and even which works well for groups.

    So sorry to hear about your former student's little brother.

    Jordan
    Team J's Second Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky!

    I am so sorry to hear about your former student's little brother. That is unbelievably heart-breaking! Praying for that family! And it looks like you have an awesome team to work with - hope you have a blessed year!

    Ashley
    One Step Closer Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Becky, my heart breaks for that little girl in your class. You are such a good teacher to go and be supportive for her! I will say a prayer for their family! Good luck with getting everything together in your classroom, I am with you!! It is coming fast! Enjoy the weekend!
    -Kristen
    Moore to Learn

    ReplyDelete